Saturday, April 11, 2009

Opening Day comeback... but I just stepped out for a sec!

So I'm in Chicago this weekend for a wedding, and since it's only 2 hours from Milwaukee I came up here early to meet my parents for lunch. It also happens to be Opening Day and the Brewers are playing the Cubs!

So lunch ends just as the game is starting... it's on TV here in Chicago, so I flip it on at the hotel. I watch the Brewers struggle to get runs, Koyie Hill's 2 run HR to put the Cubs ahead, and at the end of the 8th inning it's still 3-2. I get a call from the wedding party, saying they were gathering and hanging out before the evening festivities. I think I should probably go for a bit, thinking wouldn't it be ironic if the Brewers came back for a thrilling victory and I missed it after investing so much of my time to the game.

So I run upstairs to shoot the breeze a bit... when I come back downstairs to my room, I flip on the TV and see if the Brewers can pull off a comeback. What I saw was a replay of Rickie Weeks sliding into home and the catcher spiking the fall in anger... Brewers win 4-3. Sigh... well I guess it's better than the Brewers losing.

No comments: