Sunday, April 13, 2008

Brewers Fantasy League Sleepers no more

So I'm in this fantasy baseball league with a bunch of native Ohioans and a couple of Red Sox fans. Last year I was able to grab a bunch of Brewers sleepers... Corey Hart in the last round, Ben Sheets in the middle rounds, and JJ Hardy in free agency. In May last year, I was contemplating a trade with one Ohioan, sending Alfonso Soriano to him for Erik Bedard. Figuring I was a homer, he said he'd throw in this rookie 3B he just picked up named Ryan Braun to make it work. I had just missed picking him up, so I jumped at that opportunity. He still hasn't forgiven me.

This year was a bit different... We had a "reverse homer" thing going on. One guy took Fielder, Sheets, Gallardo, and Weeks. I had a shot at Braun in round 2, but I passed. He ended up being picked by the same guy who made the trade with me last year (he said "When you passed up Braun I actually Googled him to see what was wrong with him.") I think despite not getting my favorite Brewers, I'm actually kinda proud that people in Cincinnati are stocking up on my team's players. I like to think I had something to do with that.

By the way, I still reached deep to grab a couple of Brewer sleepers... Parra and Villanueva in the last two rounds!

No comments: